Friday, November 1, 2013

WISH

"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, 
until another heart whispers back.
Those who wish to sing always find a song.
At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."
~ Plato ~

"Wish"
I created this one-of-a-kind whimsical sculpture with paper & fabric maché without the use of a mold. Imperfections and irregularities are intentional to give it character. 
The armature is made of wire. Layers of up-cycled fabric and papers have been sewn and glued to create various textures. I hand-stitched the cotton face and sewed glass beads and sequins to the eyes.
I embellished it with acrylic paint, collage of vintage paper, cheesecloth and brass chain. The raised heart and black "dots" are made from clay. The word "WISH", taken from an old book, is glued on the red hat.
This light but strong sculpture is coated with a protective acrylic varnish. 
The art doll is suitable for collecting, and will sit pleasantly on your bookshelf, mantle or desk. 

 Wish
(available in my shop - click on photo for more info)
~ 14" high - signed & dated ~

Go ahead….let your heart sing and make your wish come true….






2 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhh gorgeous work Bebe~!!! my girl is still the queen of my craft room~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, thank you so much dearest :) I've started quite a few projects lately and I'm slowly working on finishing them…Still love the purse, it's very cheerful …or dare I say "cherryful" ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete